This has been a good week for me, after a run of many with a more mixed feel about them.
- I received my made-to-measure pressure leg garment, far more quickly than I was led to expect. After only 4 days wearing it, my leg is considerably better. I even have something resembling an ankle. It’s certainly not a thing of beauty, not by any stretch of the imagination, but to me it’s a godsend. (A side issue: it comes from Germany. Will I still be able to get these quickly, or even at all, through the NHS after Brexit? I fear that things will be far more convoluted).
- I have accepted that this year, for a whole range of reasons, my allotment and garden are not and will not be as beautiful or as productive as they could / should be. Accepting this has enabled me to let go of the feeling that I should have done more, I should be doing more, I have ‘failed’. Let it go.
- My 100 day challenge is going well. Today is Day 20, and so far I haven’t missed a day. My cycling and swimming have already become stronger. Going away from home later in the summer will be an extra challenge, I’ll have to think carefully about what I will do, but that may just be an opportunity to add more walking into the mix and see how I cope with that with the new stocking – I hope it will be fine, and if not, there are always swimming pools.
- People close to me have received good news about their health problems. Things that initially sounded very scary have turned out to be not scary at all, and we are thankful for that.
- With all that cycling and swimming, my hair has been a fright. Cycle helmets and chlorine are not friends to long curls. So I took the plunge and had a short hair cut. To my surprise, I’m rather pleased with it. I think.
- Our delicious, delightful granddaughter, always a source of joy. Now she’s smiling and even rolling over. And later this summer we shall have a week away with her, her parents, and her aunt and uncle. Can’t wait! (oh and the lovely Baby Surprise Jacket fits her already, and she looks even more adorable than ever in it. And you know I’m not one tiny bit biased).
Oops, that’s 6 again. Look on it as a bonus.
So, all in all, a good week around these parts. What about you?